Butterball Farms, Inc., a world class food manufacturer, is on a mission. The mission is to Enrich Lives. With 60 years in the industry Butterball Farms, Inc., is proud to give back to our employees, communities, and neighbors. We are proud of the tradition of innovative partnerships to help employees and partners lead better lives. We manufacture and supply the world’s premier food companies with value-added, innovative butter products. Our mission to Enrich Lives is recognized globally. Our quality work environment gives you the tools you need to succeed.
Are you a self-starter looking for a fast paced innovative environment where you can manage multiple projects simultaneously? Do you like to see the big picture yet take care of details, and provide leadership to multiple people to help the team be successful? This opportunity may be what you are looking for. Butterball Farms, Inc, is currently seeking a highly-motivated, results oriented full-time Controller to join our growing organization based in Grand Rapids, MI.
The selected applicant will be responsible for providing leadership to the accounting team; performing financial functions as outlined below; and supporting the company’s vision, mission, and goals.
Essential responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for cost accounting, BOMs, work center rates and creation of routings
- Serve on cross-functional Leadership Team providing recommendations to improve overall business performance Perform month-end close including reconciliation of accounts and preparation of financial statements
- Lead annual profit plan development
- Prepare various financial forecasts and other business analytics
- Analyze inventory cycle count variances
- Lead development of pricing for new products and/or new customers
- Manage A/R and A/P staff
- Develop accounting policies and procedures
- Lead annual review process with external accountants
- Manage material costing-FIFO
- Lead development of business cases for various projects
- Maintain fixed asset system
- Calculate rebates and commissions
- Oversee daily liquidity report
The attributes and experience that are desired:
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional manner
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Must have the ability to multitask and be self-motivated
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 10+ years of related work experience
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Willingness to grow and take on additional responsibilities
- Demonstrated team player
- Ability to build and manage a stable team
- Ability to dig into things and figure them out including troubleshooting existing ERP system
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a 4% match and immediate vesting.
If you have the above qualifications and want to be part of a growing, fast-paced organization that lives the mission of “Enrich Lives“, please email your resume to: email@example.com.
Butterball Farms, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer