JOB TITLE: Processor/Operator – EZ Serve/Tunnel Operator /Opener 2 positions (these positions will be a shared roles)
JOB SCHEDULE: FULL TIME – 1st Shift (4am – 2pm) & Swing Shift (10am – 6pm)
COMPANY PROFILE: Butterball Farms, Inc., a world class food manufacturer, is on a mission. The mission is to Enrich Lives. With over 60 years in the industry Butterball Farms, Inc. is proud to give back to our employees, communities and neighbors. We are proud of the tradition of innovative partnerships to help employees and partners lead better lives. We manufacture and supply the world’s premier food companies with value-added, innovative butter products. Our mission to Enrich Lives is recognized globally. Our quality work environment gives you the tools you need to succeed
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Operator works with a team to turn raw goods into finished products. The Opener is responsible for incoming/outgoing product (raw) in tempering room for opening necessary raw product for production schedule. The Tunnel Operator is responsible for product quality and operation of all machines in processing area.
1. Evaluate how much product to open for the day; based on production needs; standard is 720 blocks in a 9-hour day
2. Wrap and move opened blocks to designated area in temp room and transport to grinders as needed for throwers
3. <maintain paperwork requirements
1. Inspect machines for proper film and formation of film; change film rolls on machines (die changes)
2. Weight checks: adjust to appropriate levels on each machine – continuously throughout shift
3. Fill hopper to maintain consistent levels – 50 lb. blocks of butter
4. Responsible for frequent ballroom check to verify product quality/monitor freeze tunnel for jam ups
5. Review die changes based on production schedule
6. Maintain production requirements/need while ensuring all aspects of safety are upheld
7. Keep up on all quality checks and paperwork, throughout shift
8. Troubleshoot issues and be able to communicate effectively to team lead/maintenance
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 1-2 years technical machine operator experience in manufacturing production required.
· National Career Readiness Certificate – Silver-level WorkKeys preferred.
· 2 years Manufacturing or Food Manufacturing experience is preferred.
· Ability to navigate ipad/computer
· Ability to drive forklift required.
· Ability to lift from 20 to 100 pounds.
POSTING DATE: January 11, 2018
TO APPLY: Submit internal application to Julie in Human Resources or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.