JOB TITLE: Processor/Operator – EZ Serve/Tunnel Operator back-up
LOCATION: BUTTERBALL FARMS, INC
JOB SCHEDULE: FULL-TIME – 1st and 2nd shifts.
COMPANY PROFILE: Butterball Farms, Inc., a world class food manufacturer, is on a mission. The mission is to Enrich Lives. With over 60 years in the industry Butterball Farms, Inc. is proud to give back to our employees, communities, and neighbors. We are proud of the tradition of innovative partnerships to help employees and partners lead better lives. We manufacture and supply the world’s premier food companies with value-added, innovative butter products. Our mission to Enrich Lives is recognized globally. Our quality work environment gives you the tools you need to succeed
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Operator works with a team to turn raw goods into finished products. The Opener is responsible for incoming/outgoing product (raw) in tempering room for opening necessary raw product for production schedule. The Tunnel Operator is responsible for product quality and operation of all machines in processing area.
JOB FUNCTION HIGHLIGHTS:
- Remove product from conveyor belt
- Inspect sheets of product prior to punching (foreign objects/temperature/die form)
- Punch product from sheets
- Inspect tray to ensure pats meet quality standards and there are no foreign objects
- Evaluate how much product to open for the day; standard is 720 blocks in a 9 hour day
- Wrap and move opened blocks to designated area in temp room and transport to grinders as needed for Throwers.
- Inspect machines for proper film and formation of film; change film rolls on machines
- Weight checks: adjust to appropriate levels on each machine
- Fill hopper to maintain consistent levels
- Periodically check ammonia freezer for jams
- Responsible for frequent ballroom check to verify product quality
- Responsible for frequent ballroom check to free tunnels of jam ups
- Review die changes based on production schedule
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years technical machine operator experience in manufacturing production required.
- National Career Readiness Certificate – Silver-level WorkKeys preferred.
- 2 years Manufacturing or Food Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to drive hi-lo required.
- Ability to lift from 20 to 100 pounds.
POSTING DATE: September 28, 2017
TO APPLY: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org