VP SALES AND MARKETING
See CEO, Mark Peters explain the job in this video.
Butterball Farms, Inc. is a world-class food manufacturer on a mission to Enrich Lives and has been recognized as a West Michigan and National Best and Brightest company to work for three years running. With over 60 years in the industry Butterball Farms, Inc. is proud to give back to our employees, communities, and neighbors. We imagine butter differently, have a highly recognizable client list and are known by our customers for our innovation, reliability, responsiveness, and our value-add approach to business. Our amazing culture is recognized globally. We are financially sound, rapidly growing and poised for continued success.
Are you ready to study hard, work hard and be coachable – hungry, humble and people smart? -“The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni”
VP of Sales and Marketing
Have you built a successful sales organization, led a high performing team, and created sustainable processes?
As a VP of Sales and Marketing, you will:
- Help build and transition our organization to be a sale driven organization
- Build a solid sales strategy for each of the channels through which we do business
- Build a high performing sales team
- Coach, develop and mentor your team
- Lead celebrations of success
- Bring an understanding of how to use big data
- Help us develop the coolest, most relevant options in every channel we play in
- Constantly be on the lookout for innovative and new ideas and markets
- Work in our office in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Industry-leading culture
- A mid-size organization with the expertise of a larger organization but the nimbleness of a smaller entrepreneurial company
- Dedicated, competent cross-functional support team
- National and Regional development opportunities
How Much Can You Earn?
You and your team will realize financial success by taking ownership of and building a sustainable sales platform. We offer a bonus opportunity based on pounds sold over prior year with uncapped potential to help you create your definition of financial SUCCESS!
As an ideal candidate, we are looking for the following:
- Someone who resonates strongly with our mission statement and guiding principles
- Proven sales success
- Energetic yet grounded personality
- High level of professionalism to effectively manage responsibilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to create your own and team success
- Servant leader
- Serve as subject matter expert in area of expertise at the executive level
- Ability to identify, focus and develop talent
- At the executive level, we expect everyone to understand company financials and make decisions with regard to what is best for the company
As a part of our company mission we are looking for someone who has the following skill sets and qualities:
- Someone who has been a top-producing salesperson and loves to share and teach the art of selling
- Someone who is self-motivated and has the ability to provide direction and leadership to their team(in office and remote)
- Somebody who is looking to be part of a dynamic executive team
- Somebody who has a heart for giving back and making it easy for others to do the same
- Someone who can break down goals to activity metrics and who is willing to help their team track, measure and be accountable to their goals
- Demonstrated sales and sales leadership success
- In support of your proven success in sales leadership and management, we will ask that you please provide a minimum of 3 references of people you have managed and reported to in the last 5 years.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute a sales and marketing strategic plan
- Demonstrated ability to design a system to continuously generate quality leads, as well as build relationships with national account companies
- Organized and detail oriented individual who values open and constant communication
- Someone who gets stuff DONE!
- Sets a goal and then takes action to conquer it
- Is always learning, growing and being stretched
- Desires to be part of something larger than themselves
- Works hard but also likes to have fun while getting things done
Not an ordinary job
This is not an 8-5 p.m. kind of career. Our Executive Team likes to work hard and play hard. This is a do whatever it takes kind of career that requires passion for building the strategy for Butterball Farms, Inc. We are entrepreneurs and want to create, build and grow a company that supports the type of environment and products that allow people to realize their passion through work, family, friends, and community involvement. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and your resume to Resumes@Butterballfarms.com
Butterball Farms, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer