Have we got a Peach Pie for you! Churn84™ Unsalted Butter makes the best Peach Pie you’ll ever taste. From the flaky, buttery crust, to Summer’s bounty of ripe peaches baked to juicy perfection, this Peach Pie is a party for the palate.
Because of the high butter fat content in European-style Churn84™ (84% compared to 80% in most North American butters), the dough holds together for easy rolling. In addition, it offers the attributes of superior flavor and a flakier crust.
Give this recipe a try! You’ll be delighted with the results.
Peach Pie (Serves 10)
- 2-1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/4 Cups Unsalted Churn84™ Butter, cubed
- 1/3 Cup Ice Water
Directions for Crust:
- Pulse flour, sugar and salt in a food processor until blended.
- Add cubed butter, pulse until butter is the size of peas.
- While processing, add just enough ice water to form moist crumbs.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a disk; wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- 4 Cups Peaches, peeled and sliced (7 – 8 medium peaches)
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
Directions for Filling:
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Stir in peaches and lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
Directions to Complete Pie for Baking:
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to 1-1/8” thick circle; transfer to a deep dish 9” pie plate. Trim pastry to edge of plate.
- Add filling. Dot filling with slices of remaining butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1-1/8” thick circle.
- Place dough over filling (or create lattice top or other design).
- Trim and seal the edges; flute if desired.
- For simple top crust, cut 3 slits to vent.
- Cover edge of crust with pie shield or foil strips.
- Bake on lowest rack in oven for 45 – 50 minutes, or until pie crust is golden brown and juice is thick and bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.