When you work for the best butter company in America, what do you do on a Friday afternoon during late Summer? Why, experiment with compound butter in the #butterlab, of course!
Our goal: to create a delicious dish with our Creekside Creamery™ Lemon Dill Chef’s Roll that is simple to prepare and tantalizes the taste buds. We think we’ve found it with our Lemon Dill Tuna Melt. What could be a better than English Muffin Bread, covered with Lemon Dill compound butter and toasted crisp, topped with tuna salad and placed under the broiler, then finished with a slice of Swiss Cheese and a slice of fresh tomato from the garden? The mild, warm flavor of dill pairs perfectly with the fresh, clean taste of lemon, complementing the tuna salad for a light, open-faced sandwich that’s easy to make and delicious.
Lemon Dill Tuna Melt (Serves Four)
- 12 oz. can Chunk White Albacore Tuna (in Water)
- 1/2 Onion, Finely Chopped
- Stalk Celery, Chopped
- Fresh Dill, Cut to Taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise (more, if you like it creamier)
- 4 Pieces of English Muffin Bread
- 2 Tablespoons Creekside Creamery™ Lemon Dill Butter, Softened
- 4 Slices Swiss or Baby Swiss Cheese
- 4 Thinly Sliced Fresh Tomatoes
- Tuna Salad
- Set oven to Broil.
- Prepare Tuna Salad (above), or use any tuna salad recipe that you think will work.
- Butter both sides of each piece of English Muffin Bread with Creekside Creamery™ Lemon Dill Butter, and griddle to golden brown on each side.
- Top each piece of bread with tuna salad. Cover bread with salad evenly.
- Broil 3 – 4 minutes, until tuna looks crispy.
- Top with slices of Swiss Cheese. Broil 1 – 2 minutes.
- Top with slices of Tomato. Broil 1 minute. Serve!