Pancakes seem simple to make but a lot of us struggle with getting them just right: our pancakes are either under-cooked, overcooked, or most commonly are too flat and dense. There is a knack to getting them just right. Lucky for BakingForFriends have shared their top tips to getting your pancakes light and fluffy.
Here’s our top five tricks: head on over to the link at the bottom for the full list!
- Add wet ingredients over dry, folding in using an up and over motion.
- Don’t over-mix. Some small lumps are okay.
- Let mixture rest for at least 5 minutes before using it.
- Be Patient! Using a medium-low heat, don’t force your pancakes to cook too fast.
- When bubbles form on top, gently lift the corners to ensure they’re not burning.
The last special tip is, when they are done, lather each pancake in Stirling Whey Butter and keep warm in the oven until you’re ready to savour the flavour. Learn more about creating the perfect pancake with baker Alie Romano over at BakingForFriends.com.