Careers at Butterball® Farms, Inc.
Butterball® Farms, a world class food manufacturer, is on a mission. The mission is to Enrich Lives. With over 60 years in the industry, Butterball® Farms is proud to give back to our employees, communities, and neighbors. We are proud of our tradition of innovative partnerships that help employees and community members. We manufacture and supply the world’s premier food companies with value-added, innovative butter products. Our mission to Enrich Lives is recognized globally, and locally as one of West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies. Our quality work environment gives you the tools you need to succeed.
Have a look at our current openings, and please get in touch if you’d be a good fit.
Business Development Director for National Chains
Butterball Farms, Inc. is a world-class food manufacturer on a mission to Enrich Lives and has been recognized as a West Michigan and National Best and Brightest company to work for four years running. With over 60 years in the industry Butterball Farms, Inc. works hard to enrich the lives of our customers, employees and communities. We imagine butter differently, have a highly recognizable client list and are known by our customers for our innovation, reliability, responsiveness, and our value-add approach to business. Our amazing culture is recognized globally. We are financially sound, rapidly growing and poised for continued success.
Are you the consummate Sales Hunter that loves driving the business to significant growth? Do you possess a strong network of relationships and a passion for the Food Service national restaurant chains segment? Do you get excited about being a part of a team that helps drive the business forward? Do you enjoy working in a cross-functional, collaborative environment to structure deals and initiatives that are win-win-win for customers, consumers, and your company. If these things play to your strengths and interests, you might be the right fit to join our team in an opportunity as our Business Development Director for National Chains.
As a Business Development Director for National Chains, you will:
- Drive multi-tiered customer relationships with culinary, supply chain, R&D, and QA to successfully grow the national and regional restaurant chain account segment.
- Deliver shortened timelines to market through securing test windows and LTOs.
- Define long-term organizational strategic goals to develop pipeline of new business by defining preferred customer type within segment.
- Partner with marketing unit to drive our organization’s unique market position.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market and competitors and identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Build and present menu innovation and optimizing solutions and services to national chains customers in a way that speaks to their needs, concerns and objectives and meet or predict their future needs.
- Demonstrating leadership and working with cross-functional teams to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue for the organization.
As an ideal candidate, we are looking for:
- Been recognized as a valuable or sales performer
- Proven record in securing a new national account contract in less than 12 months
- Holds a strong gross chain sales record through new product placements
- Have tracked career success metrics such as the number of pounds sold, revenue generated, and percentage ahead of projected sales
- Experience with identifying customer needs and challenges and developing solutions
- The use of a CRM program and other sales management systems to effectively document contacts and prospects.
This position has national responsibilities with travel expected to be 50%+
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org